Sunday 6 September 2015

Passing Away


I was talking with my mother earlier about what's worse, losing a loved one suddenly or to watch them slowly  die, knowing they don't have long left. Her father (my grandpa) is currently dying very slowly and everyday, we watch him grow weaker and weaker and become less able to do his favourite things (fishing, tennis) and my mum was saying that the one good thing about losing someone slowly is that you get the chance to tell them you love them. Yesterday was father's day and my mum and her sister took their dad out for lunch to make what we pretty much know to be his last father's day as special as they could. If you lost someone suddenly, overnight or something, you wouldn't have that chance but you also wouldn't have to watch them suffer and watch them deteriorate as a person before they finally go. It's a sad time to watch this happen to my grandpa who's helped take care of me as well as he could all my life and I share so many memories with that man, I'll be very sad when he finally goes but I'm not looking forward to how my mother will be when he passes away, he's obviously been a big part of her life and in her words "I've never met anyone who is as much of a gentleman as my dad." We're all going to miss him when he goes, even now my Granny and Grandpa are packing packing their stuff into boxes and selling a lot so they can move into a retirement village to relieve some excess stress from their shoulders but lucky for us, they intend to move to a retirement home that isn't far from our house so we'll get to see them regularly which will be awesome, it'll give us more of an opportunity to make his last years the best we can make them
~Nightminds

No comments:

Post a Comment